If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (510) 352-2480

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Flooded School Building

Heavy rains caused a creek to overflow and spill groundwater into a school building. The water was vacuum extracted and the hard surface floor was sanitized. The indoor environment was dried to reduce indoor humidity... all in a day's work at our SERVPRO.

There are health and safety concerns when public buildings such as schools experience flooding. The EPA confirms that mold may begin to grow within three to five days after flooding and when interior humidity levels rise above 60%. Studies also tell us that children are at risk from mold contamination. It is critical to quickly dry a flooded school before mold and bacteria pose a health threat.