How to Prevent Water and Fire Damage In Your Home
It is normal to worry about water or fire damage to your home or business. Still, inevitably, we get comfortable with the way things are, and we are less vigilant about water and fire prevention, thinking that there is a low chance of it happening. The more you do to stay prepared, though, the less likely it is that you will experience water or fire damage in your home in business. So what should you be doing to prevent water or fire damage from happening? Read on for some simple tips and tricks that can help.
Prevent Water Damage to Your Home or Business with These Preventative Tips
Water damage is one of the most common and expensive insurance claims, but there are things you can do to protect your home or business and make sure that you prevent these things from happening in the first place.
- Inspect Your Roof for Leaks
- Keep Gutters and Downspouts Free from Clutter and Debris
- Check Your Water Bill for a Sudden Increase in Usage – Indicating a Pipe Leak
- Know Where Your Water Main is For Easy Turn Off In Case of Emergency
- Inspect Water Hoses on Appliances Like Your Washer and Replace Washers Often
- Repair Any Seals or Caulking Around Sinks, Toilets, and Showers
- Install Water Detection Devices to Warn You of Any Danger
Prevent fire Damage to Your Home or Business with These Preventative Tips
Fire damage can happen quickly and causes devastating loss. So preventing fire damage from occurring to your home or business is imperative. Here are some tips that will help:
- Test Your Smoke Alarms Regularly and Replace the Batteries Often
- Have Your Heaters Inspected Several Times A Year
- Make Sure Your Stove and Oven Remain Clean to Prevent Sudden Combustion
- Check Your Clothes Dryer Exhaust and Ensure There is No Lint Buildup Behind the Appliance
- Make Certain Chords are Well Maintained, and Outlets Aren’t Overloaded
- Store Your Flammable Products Safely
- Invest in A Fire Extinguisher, and Make Sure it Isn’t Expired or Out of Date
Preventing Water and Fire Damage to Your Home or Business is Easy
Don’t forget to add the inspection of these items to the regimen of preventative maintenance that you are doing for your home and business often. Doing this can prevent significant loss and harm, allowing you to protect what you value most.
OurSERVPRO of San Leandro team can help. Call us at (510) 352-2480.