My San Leandro Hair Salon Took on a Lot of Floodwater, What Can I Do?
Calling SERVPRO Ensures your San Leandro Business Gets the Prompt Flood Damage Cleanup It Deserves
Whether there is a little or a lot of flooding in your San Leandro hair salon, this is a mess better left to trained professionals to clean up. SERVPRO has the right methods and training necessary to get your doors opened up faster so you can get back to business. If there is any chance of harmful contaminants and bacteria, you can feel confident we do everything possible to have it cleaned and deodorized once the space is dry.
Will the Flooding Ruin the Floors?
When dealing with commercial flood damage in San Leandro, it is essential to pay attention to all building materials impacted by water saturation. Not only do we begin extraction measures right away, but we also take special care to use methods made for the type of flooring that you have.
What Makes SERVPRO Qualified for the Job?
We use specialized planning and techniques to execute each job with precision and efficiency. We have skilled water restoration technicians (WRT) on the roster who know the best steps for mitigation and water cleanup. While it may be tempting to try a DIY cleanup before we arrive, you can leave it to our trained crew so that no stone is left unturned.
There are many reasons you can count on us for dependable, cost-effective flood damage restoration, including:
• Advanced water extraction tools and technology
• Training that is fully compliant via the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
• Professional-grade moisture detection technology
• Strategic material removal and replacement with controlled demolition
• EPA-registered, commercial-grade products for cleaning and sanitizing
Trying to navigate all of the potential contaminants throughout your hair salon is one of the initial tasks once we arrive. We must assign the right personnel and tools for water extraction, drying, and cleaning to facilitate professional results.
How Do You Address Different Types of Flooring?
If you have tile or concrete floors in your hair salon, which means they require immediate attention after extraction is complete. We work to clean the floors to limit the onset of bacterial and microbial threats that can worsen over time.
We Have a Cleaning Crew that Comes In – Can We Have Them Do the Work?
For something as substantial as floodwater in your business, hiring trained technicians is the best way to ensure you get the results you need. We want clients to understand that following a flood loss:
• Floodwater is known for having a range of contaminants within, including fuel residue, chemicals, debris, silt, and even fecal matter. Our team trained and certified to handle all potential contaminants and make sure that we limit or eliminate water migration.
• It is vital that standing water should not be left to linger for an extended period. Water removal must commence promptly to lessen secondary damage and restoration costs.
What Happens if I Wait Too Long to Have Restoration Begin?
Many issues become more substantial, the longer that you wait after a flood loss event. Depending on the time and the exposure, some of these effects could include:
• Breakdown of structural materials – Water left to linger can cause wood to crack, swell, and warp. Soaked drywall can warp and crumble, and the paint or wallpaper on the walls of your salon may peel and blister. Stains and musty odors may also develop, and any carpeting in the waiting area must be replaced entirely.
• Hazardous mildew and mold growth – Organic and porous materials like subflooring and sheetrock take on water. What this does is create a moist environment that becomes the perfect platform for microbial growth. The mold spores thrive on organic materials when temperatures and relative humidity are just right.
Our skilled crew gets to work fast to limit secondary damage when your hair salon suffers flood loss. We use a variety of commercial-grade drying tools as well as OSHA-approved biocides that help limit the onset of mold.
• Water extraction begins with the help of submersible pumps and truck-mounted extractors.
• Thorough drying is next, which includes the strategic placement of centrifugal air movers, fans, and dehumidifiers to speed up the process.
• If necessary, controlled demolition helps us remove all damaged materials for a full replacement.
Will My Salon Be Free of Foul, Musty Odors?
We have advanced moisture detection technology at our disposal, but we also come back to your place of business for follow-up moisture readings. With the help of moisture sensors and thermal imaging technology, we can pinpoint hidden pockets of moisture before they start to fester.
For all of your flood damage cleanup and restoration needs, the team at SERVPRO of San Leandro is here to help. Call (510) 352-2480, and we deploy a crew to your hair salon in at little as four hours to get to work.