Is My Oakland Home Safe to Live in After a Mold Infestation?
To Safely Return to Your Oakland Home After Any Disaster, Call SERVPRO
Why SERVPRO? Can’t I Spray Bleach to Kill Mold Too?
Anyone can spray bleach, but eliminating mold damage in Oakland homes takes much more than that. All SERVPRO response teams deal with mold by following five principles:
- Provide for Health and Safety – Each task takes the health of everyone who enters the home into consideration. Every one of our actions serves to prevent mold from spreading throughout the home.
- Document Conditions and Processes – Team leaders record every aspect of the mold infestation and actions taken to eliminate it. This ensures every possible option is taken to return each residence to a normal condition.
- Control the Mold Contaminant at its Source – Technicians set up negative air machines to direct airflow out of the home so loose mold spores do not travel to other parts of the home.
- Assembly temporary containment barriers using 6-mil thick polyethylene sheeting during remediation
- Remove Contamination – Technicians use commercial vacuums with HEPA filters (air scrubbers) to capture mold spores for removal and disposal. To prevent future growth, they wipe down each surface with an antimicrobial cleaner.
- Correct Moisture Levels – Mold cannot grow without water. Team members use sponges and cloths to soak up small pools and wipe the water off ceilings and walls.
- Ensure the water sources have been repaired.
Is That Everything?
Our final step is a walk-through with the homeowner. The team leader provides the work log and points out where actions were taken to restore his home.
What About Mold That Infested the Clothing Stored in My Attic?
At our SERVPRO office, we have access to an advanced cleaning system (Esporta hydraulic washers) that clean and restore your clothing. The equipment can preserve almost all affected fabrics.
Call SERVPRO of San Leandro at (510) 352-2480 today if you see (or smell) any signs of mold in your home here or in Mulford Gardens. Our response teams are here to get you back into your home as quickly and safely as possible. “Like it never even happened.”
To learn more about Oakland, click here.