Looking Inside Walls Prevents Water Removal Damage in San Leandro
San Leandro offices need careful pre-water removal testing
San Leandro is a bustling city of almost 90,000 residents that somehow still retains a small-town charm. San Leandro is ideally situated for a visit to the San Francisco Bay area. The town sits on the edge of the bay and also has easy access to wetlands and mountains.
Native people have inhabited the San Leandro area since around 3500 BC. European settlers visited the site in 1772. Settlers named it after Leandro of Seville, a sixth-century Bishop who was later canonized as a Saint.
Explore the San Leandro community
San Leandro has a strong community vibe. Some popular community attractions include:
- Weekly farmers markets where you can purchase local food for cooking or ready-prepared hot food to take away. You can also buy local arts and crafts and fresh flowers.
- A lively community library that offers regular events for children and teenagers.
- A yearly cherry festival where you can enjoy San Leandro's best cherry crops, along with music, street entertainment, and kids' activities.
If you're craving some fresh air, the proximity to the sea and the hills will delight you. And if you want to go for a walk but do not know where to start, you might enjoy a self-guided history tour. The downtown area is full of historic buildings, such as the County Courthouse. Simply head downtown and take a wander – you will find lots to admire. Or visit the city website for ideas on what to look for.
There is plenty to see and do in San Leandro
Although San Leandro is conveniently located for San Francisco, there is plenty to do within San Leandro without traveling further afield. If you are looking for a fun way to pass the time, why not check out:
- Cara Peralta is a historic house museum and one of the most interesting historic buildings in San Leandro. The house is modeled after a grand Spanish villa and even includes hand-painted tiles that tell Don Quixote's story.
- Marina Park is perfect if you want to get away from it all without driving very far. The park is located very close to San Leandro and has bbq areas, picnic benches, green spaces for the kids to play, and stunning water views.
- Oyster Bay Regional Shoreline used to be next to a landfill and is now a stunning area of natural beauty. Walkers, artists, and photographers frequent the site to enjoy the beautiful natural light and the vast array of wildlife.
What happens if office walls get wet and need water removal?
If you need water removal in your office, you naturally do not want to deal with extensive building repairs afterward. If the water soaks into the walls and baseboards, it can cause multiple problems such as structural damage and mold growth. Dismantling walls to look for damage is costly and inconvenient, so it is the last resort. Instead, SERVPRO uses a range of tools to examine inside walls:
- Borescopes let us look inside cavities to determine what they are made of and any visible water damage.
- We use moisture meters and probes to determine water levels inside materials.
- Infrared cameras let us track water across the surface and spot potential problem areas.
Being able to examine inside and outside of walls lets us take care of water removal with minimal damage to your office.
If you need help with water removal, call SERVPRO of San Leandro (510) 352-2480.