Burger Restaurant Fire
Fire can be deadly. Fire can cause a great deal of structural damage. It’s not just the flames… it’s the smoke, the fumes and the soot that are of concern.
An automobile was stopped at a drive through window at a national burger restaurant in Hayward California. The engine compartment of the car burst into flames. The driver got out without injury, the drive through window clerk got safely out of the way. The fire totaled the auto and burnt a huge hole in the building’s roof. The most damage was caused by the smoke and soot that billowed into the kitchen and spread into the dinning room. Once again, no body was hurt. That’s the good news. Everyone got out in quick order and the fire department arrived promptly to extinguish the fire.
The restaurant is literally about one mile from our SERVPRO cleaning facility. We were invited to provide cleanup services. We had a crew there with two hours to present a cleanup scope. The next day we were providing soot and debris cleanup to get the place ready for reconstruction….SERVPRO of San Leandro to the rescue.
After the reconstruction was completed we returned to provide post construction cleanup and prepare the place for it’s reopening. By the way, they specialize in flame-broiled burgers. How ironic.